Saturday, June 28, 2008

Meal Planning Chart

A friend of mine was asking for new meal ideas on her blog which got me thinking about the menu planning chart I made a few years ago. My mom and I used it all the time (when I was living back home) and now she's just using it on her own. Unfortunately I haven't felt motivated to do it for myself. Cooking for just one person is strange to me (mom still has three to cook for) although my daughter will be with me for the next six weeks (starting July 1st, yeah!) so I'll get back into the swing of things having someone other than myself to cook for.

Anyway, here's the meal and menu planning chart I made, hosted at lds.about.com which is the website I'm the guide of. It's the first link and is in PDF format. The file also has a second page full of meal ideas that you can print on the back.

What meal planning tips do you have?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Since I go shopping on Friday mornings, I plan everything Thursday night. I make a complete menu (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks) and shopping list. Then I post the menu on the fridge, which helps me stay on track. I also plan at least one "easy-out meal" meal a week, for if Bob is doing the cooking or I just feel like slacking off. I keep the menus for the month to make sure I'm not repeating, too.

Rachel said...

Wow, you do an all day menu for the entire week/month? That's so cool! I'd love to see it when I come visit next.

 
template by suckmylolly.com