Thursday, June 5, 2008

Here's where the whining comes in...

Here are some of the things that are discouraging me right now:

  1. My husband. After looking at the Diabetic Exchange Diet with me and agreeing that it would be a good thing to try, he ate 3 full plates at dinner. 3. Um, way to get on board, sweetie.
  2. TV commercials. Shouldn't it be illegal to show chocolate on network TV?
  3. The kids, who are just dying to make cookies, or cake, or some tasty treat. I feel bad for saying no, but I know that I couldn't control my eating with that sort of thing just sitting around the house, begging me to eat it.
  4. Watching skinny girls eat. Or not eat. I'm not sure what's worse.
  5. The weather. It's been rainy here for the past few days, so I haven't been able to get out and walk. now it's sunny and I just don't have the energy.

How's your attitude faring this week?

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Keep at it Kristen--you will succeed. My attitude has been pretty good this week. I even walked with DH 2 nights which is great considering my back surgery was just 5 weeks ago. I did fine with it and told him that our goal should be 3 times for 30 min each time. If the weather holds up, we should be good to go!!!!
Hang in there.
Cheryl

Kristen said...

Great job, Cheryl! And thanks for the encouragment, always needed...

Liz said...

Oh my, Bobert (he's gonna kill me for that) has always been a bit of a bottomless pit. There were times that he came to dinner when I wondered if we had made enough. ha ha ha. Kidding- sort of. Anyway, just remind him that his good luck may not stick for his whole life, and he may discover when he blows up to blimpie proportions at the age of 50 that he can't take it off. Scare him out of eating...

I tried a water class this week. My goal is to try something different every once in ahwile, and see how it goes. I was amazed to find about an hour after finishing that it hurt to walk. My muscles had finally realized I had, in fact, been working out in the pool. Some of the class seemed a little...fruity, but most of it was fun. So, maybe you just need to try something different. Target has these really cool squishy weight balls... I bet you could get Piper to work out some too... even just tossing a regular ball around could be fun..

*~Annette~* said...

First: my solution to chocolate: No Pudge brownies. Trust me. You'll love me FOREVER for it.

And my DH, should know better, but the man can seriously put away food. One helping for me is at LEAST double for him. My trick is to only make *just enough* for dinner. So he's not gorging himself on food.

And I hate skinny girls. Hate them a lot. Don't even get me started about Posh.

And there weather here is GORGEOUS. Sorry... just come to TX for a vacation. It's hot, but the sunshine's great.

Marie said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto, and ditto. 'Nuff said.

Nobel prize blogger said...

7 Jun 08, 15:14

Is very good blog.

Greetings

 
template by suckmylolly.com