Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Diabetic Exchange Diet: Redux

Some of you have asked for an example of what I'm eating during the day on the new plan. So here's the breakdown. In this plan there are 6 food groups: carbs, protein/dairy, fruits, veggies, fats, and sweets. For my plan, I need 4 or more servings of the veggies, 3 or more of the fruit, 4 carbs, 3 fats, and up to 75 calories in the sweets group. It's recommended that you try for several smaller meals during the day, trying to incorporate all the groups. The website has a sample meal plan and a planning tool to help. I've just printed out my plan and the serving sizes for all the groups. I have a small whiteboard on the fridge, so I posted the plan near that and just check off what I eat during the day. So, today for breakfast I had 1/2 of a whole wheat bagel, 1 tablespoon of regular cream cheese, half of a banana, and water. For lunch, I had a salad with cheese, a bit of dressing and whole wheat bread. Snacks are fruits or veggies. There are lots of recipes on the website, too, that are tasty and breakdown what you're eating to make it easier to keep track of. Hope this helps, guys!

1 comments:

Liz said...

It sounds alot like what you do on the diabetic plan on nutrisystem!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com