Monday, August 11, 2008

Hey, look: an actual post on Monday!

It's a miracle, I know! But where to begin with this review? Hmmm. Well, I have learned the true meaning of the phrase 'stress eater'. The week of my grandmother's funeral, I ate enough to sustain a small herd of elephants. Luckily, I discovered that an early morning jog or walk made me more conscious of what I was doing to my body all day. Unluckily, there wasn't a whole lot of time for early morning exercise, but I did manage once or twice. My brother flew in for the service and stayed an extra week. Consummate Army man that he is, he talked me into a run with him. I learned a lot about running: my stance was all wrong, feeling like you're going to puke is a good thing, walking is for sissies, ah, slowing down is for sissies, surprisingly, clutching your brother's hand as he drags you down the street at a steady pace is not for sissies (or so he said), oh yeah, and that I am so lucky I didn't follow my father and brother into the military. One PT and I would have been out...He also showed me how to do a 'correct' push up. Even though I thought I was going to die and I got sweat in my eyes (ewwwww), it was fun, and I felt really good for days after. Lets see, what else? After a million trips up and down my parents stairs everyday, I've decided I must move to a house with lots of stairs. It's an easy way to work out and I have a new appreciation for my behind:) It's looking pretty cute after all it's effort...Oh, and my sister got a WiiFit, which I stinkin' love and have already requested as an early birthday present. More about that later, probably. Yep, that pretty much sums it up. I have a few other things to share, but I think they will be posts of their own. One more week in Arkansas, home on Saturday, and then the next week Pippi starts kindergarten! How have you guys been faring?

1 comments:

Rachel said...

That's great about your brother making you go for a run, very funny post too. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed it... but maybe.

I'm interested in learning how your stance was all wrong and what the right way to run is.

Have a great/safe trip home on Saturday!

 
template by suckmylolly.com