Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Great Reasons to NOT Stop Working Out

So, after slacking off and NOT working out for the six weeks I had my daughter (other than walking all the time and only two workouts) I came to realize there are SEVERAL really good reasons why one should NOT stop working out!

  • Getting back into the habit is killer.
    Getting up at 5:30 used to be a no brainer! I just did it, every Tuesday and Wednesday, went and worked out, and felt great. Now I've been fighting a battle that never used to exist- ugh!

  • You get to keep all that muscle you worked so hard to gain.
    When you stop working out you might gain weight (if you're eating more than you're burning) but you're also losing weight- muscle weight- which you DON'T want to lose, the more muscle weight the faster you burn off calories.

  • Your muscles will scream at you...
    ...for trying to do what you used to be able to do, but now CAN'T because you were a loser and stopped working out for FAR too long. It makes me feel like a wimp again.

  • Um... it's like necessary to work out if you're going to lose weight. (said in a sarcastic voice)
    DUH!
I'm sure there are other reasons but I can't think of them at the moment. So if you've got your own tell me in the comments, I'd love to hear them- anything to help me (all of us) stick to our work out goals!

 
template by suckmylolly.com